Tuesday, October 19, 2010

Hi! I'm Alisha!

Hello everyone! My name is Alisha and I am a new author on this blog. I am a 17 year old Christian homeschooled girl in the 12th grade. I own six A Life of Faith dolls: Elsie Dinsmore, Millie Keith, Violet Travilla, Laylie Colbert, Kathleen McKenzie, and a special edition Elsie.
I think I'll introduce a different one of my dolls each day. Today I'm going to post some pictures of my first doll, Elsie. I got her for Christmas in 2003, which was the year the Elsie and Millie dolls were introduced. Here are pictures of her in her presentation dress.


"Hello Everyone!"



Her pretty curls!

Wearing her hat.



Getting out her Bible to read.

I am so glad to be a contributor to this blog! I love all the A Life of Faith dolls and books! :)

Thank you, Quinlyn, for letting me join! :)

2 comments:

Unknown said...

Cool! I'm so glad that you joined with oru shared blog! :D How did you take the photos, as if in how did they look like they were taken in a porfessional gallery?!

I love your Elsie! :D

~Hannah

Alisha said...

Thank you! I'm so glad to be a part of this blog and to meet another member! :D

To take the pictures, I use two pieces of white poster board. I put one piece down on a flat surface for the doll to stand on, and I put the other piece behind the doll and make the two pieces meet at the bottom. I usually tape the piece standing up to a wall or wherever I'm taking the pictures so that it stays. These pictures were actually taken in my kitchen because it's the brightest spot in my house. Unfortunately, the pictures I've taken outside haven't come out that well. I'm glad that you like my photos! :)

~Alisha